Saturday, November 13, 2010

Four hour painting.

Welp, I threw down a self-imposed challenge of completing a painting in four hours. I've done a couple of these since doing the art vs. Art event this year and last. I often use the restrictions of that because it forces me to use primary colors only and work bigger than what I'm used to. The restrictions help me with paint manipulation and hopefully I'll get better faster. These also let me see just what I can accomplish in a relatively short amount of time. I think back to these when I'm unmotivated because I feel like I don't have enough time to work on something.
This particular one comes.after a bit of a drought in painting. When I do that inevitably I hate the first thing I do, but this time I don’t hate it... I don’t like it, but I don’t hate it either. That could be because I didn't make my own deadline and spent six hours on it rather than four. That's okay because these are really for learning and now next time I may do better.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment