Saturday, February 26, 2011

Big paint.

So here are some work in progress shots of my 24" x 48" painting I'm doing for the Comics Rocks II art and music showcase. Its a Star Trek theme this year and this work is inspired by Yvonne Craig's depiction of an "Orion slave girl" Truthfully I don't know much about Star Trek but I did love the 60's Batman T.V. show and Yvonne Craig played Batgirl on that. I was looking up reference photos for a painting of Batgirl that never got done and came across photos of her as a green alien. When talking to another organizer about the show he talked about putting an Orion Slave Girl on the poster. I googled it to find out what the hell he was talking about and Ban, there was Yvonne Craig. Its not quite going in the direction I wanted but it ain't over yet. You can't quite see it but I've painted her left arm a couple times. Part of the fun is making mistakes and seeing where you can go from there. Here's to fucking up.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment