Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ripley Sketch

I need more pin ups for Horrorhound and I think next up will be Ripley from Alien. I drew up this sketch and immediately saw influence from Rockin' Jelly Bean, who I love. This was way fast to draw and way fun. I especially liked the egg. I showed some friends and got some flack for her hair but I recalled a chick-fro in the second one and after blocking some images although not as large as the one I drew I'm sure I was right. Also some similarities to the pinup I just drew. Well, big ta-tas and a rifle. But how can you go wrong with that? This is just a Sharpie sketch and I'll do a more finished one in Prismacolors hopefully tonight. I posted this for comments on weather I should persue this style and only got two responses. One of them again commenting on her hair. I'll bug some more people and see what kind of response I get. Maybe include an alien in the background for the actual Horrorhound print since that always seems to be a big draw. If I don't end up doing this style I've got plenty more sketches to draw another Ripley. Either way something will end up in the sketchbook I'll have out at Horrorhound.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment